Can drinking spoiled milk kill you?

11
Derrick Legros asked a question: Can drinking spoiled milk kill you?
Asked By: Derrick Legros
Date created: Sun, Apr 18, 2021 11:52 AM
Date updated: Sat, Jun 25, 2022 1:32 PM

Content

Top best answers to the question «Can drinking spoiled milk kill you»

Unfortunately, drinking spoiled milk can take quite the toll on your digestive system… Depending on the food (and your body), food poisoning can occur several hours — or even several days — after drinking spoiled milk. These bacteria are harmful and can even kill you!

10 other answers

Unfortunately, drinking spoiled milk can take quite the toll on your digestive system. Food poisoning is no joke and can cause vomiting, stomach cramps and diarrhea. Depending on the food (and your body), food poisoning can occur several hours — or even several days — after drinking spoiled milk .

Occasionally, though, spoiled milk consumption can be lethal, if the evil bacteria contaminating your milk prove vicious enough. Don't believe it? Back in 2008, NBC News reported that spoiled milk consumption had killed six teenagers at a boarding school in India.

Unfortunately, drinking spoiled milk can take quite the toll on your digestive system. Food poisoning is no joke and can cause vomiting, stomach cramps and diarrhea. Depending on the food (and your body), food poisoning can occur several hours — or even several days — after drinking spoiled milk.

CAN expired milk kill you? Potential side effects of drinking expired milk While a sip of spoiled milk is unlikely to cause any harm, drinking moderate to large amounts could cause food poisoning and result in symptoms such as vomiting, stomach pain, and diarrhea.

The sour taste of spoiled milk comes from lactic acid produced by bacteria consuming the milk’s lactose… Boiling might kill those bacteria, but it won’t remove the acid or reverse the curdling, so the milk would be ‘safe’ but also still sour and chunky, and entirely disgusting to try and drink. What to do if milk curdles while boiling?

A small sip of spoiled milk is unlikely to cause symptoms beyond a bad taste. Drinking larger amounts of spoiled milk can cause stomach distress resulting in abdominal cramping, vomiting and diarrhea (like a food-borne illness). In most cases, symptoms caused by drinking spoiled milk resolve within 12-24 hours.

"Typically, if you ingest enough spoiled milk, it can basically take a really, really bad toll on your GI tract," Dr. Sonpal explains. So, depending on how much expired milk you sipped, your...

However, even if you can get past the unpleasant taste, drinking spoiled milk isn’t a good idea. It can cause food poisoning that may result in uncomfortable digestive symptoms, such as stomach...

Spoiled/rotten milk can kill you.

Taking spoiled milk in very little quantity will still be safe for you, but taking it in much quantity can turn out to be harmful to your health. When you drink much of it, it can lead to digestive distress, such as abdominal cramping, diarrhea, and vomiting. Hence, when your milk is spoilt beyond normal, kindly dispose of it.

Your Answer