Top best answers to the question «How to make fondant staircase»
What's the best way to make fondant at home?
- In a bowl, add powdered sugar and make a hole at the centre. Now take a saucepan, add cold water and sprinkle gelatine powder on top to soften for about 5 minutes. Heat the gelatine and stir until it is dissolved and clear.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How to make fondant staircase?» often ask the following questions:
🥛 Can you make fondant?
yes. look at the ingredients below: When you make fondant, both the dough and the icing, make sure to make it in room temperature - Too cold or too warm room will hurt the dough When you calculate the quantity of fondant icing required, it's better to have too much fondant icing rather than too little, as leftover icing can be stored and used at a later date, or used for extra decorations Make sure you make fondant on a clean and smooth working surface. Jewelry on your fingers or wrists or fluffy clothing could hurt the fondant's surface Ingredients required to make the fondant recipe: 1 Tbsp of unflavored gelatin 1/4 cup of cold water 1 tsp of almond extract 1/2 cup of light corn syrup (If a corn syrup is not available, you can substitute it with a sugar syrup made with 1-1/4 cups sugar and 1/3 cup water, boiled together until syrupy) 1 Tbsp of glycerin (some recipes say it's optional, believe me, it's a must) 2 lbs 10X confectioners' sugar 1/2 tsp of white vegetable shortening Directions how to make the fondant recipe: Sprinkle the gelatin over cold water in a small bowl and let it rest for 2 minutes to soften Place the bowl in a microwave for 30 seconds on High, until the gelatin dissolves Add the Almond extract Add the corn syrup and the glycerin and stir until the mixture is smooth and clear (if the mixture is not turning smooth and clear, microwave it for an additional 15 to 20 seconds on high and stir again) Sift 1 1/2 pounds of the sugar into a large bowl Make a hole in the sugar and pour the liquid mixture to it Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes sticky Sift some of the remaining 1/2 pound of sugar onto a smooth work surface and add as much of the remaining sugar as the mixture will take Knead the fondant, adding a little more sugar if necessary, to form a smooth, pliable mass Rub the vegetable shortening on your thumbs and knead it into the fondant Wrap the fondant in plastic wrap and place it in a tightly sealed container to prevent it from drying out If the icing dries out and harden it can often be revived by popping it into a microwave oven for a few seconds and then kneading it back to life Now you know how to make fondant, I hope the following pictures will inspire you to give this easy, tasty Fondant Recipe But first, if you want to take your fondant recipe to the next level, you're welcome to visit my post How to Color Fondant And one update (11/02/09) - A few of my readers sent me pictures of cakes they made following the instructions on this post. I advice you to go and check it out, to see what to expect when you learn how to make fondant
- What do you need to make fondant from fondant?
- Can fondant make you sick?
- Does glycerine make fondant shiny?
🥛 How do you make fondant into fondant icing?
- Stir until very smooth. Most likely your fondant will have thickened and cooled a bit, so it needs to be heated gently to get it to a pourable consistency. Place the bowl over gently simmering water and stir constantly (remember, avoid those bubbles). The heat will cause the fondant to become warm and thin.
🥛 How to make fondant baby lace from fondant?
A video on how to make fondant baby blocks / christening blocks with letters on for your cakes. You could also use flower paste, mexican paste, sugar paste o...
5 other answers
Find great ideas, recipes & all the supplies you'll need at wilton.com including Fondant Staircase and Carpet.
Fondant arm chair and sofa How To Cake Decorating Tutorial video. In this video tutorial I show you how to make a fondant arm chair / sofa with a leather effect and texture to decorate your cakes with. Easy to do and looks ...
This is a quick tutorial showing how to make fondant ropes or strings smoothly and easily
Apply triangle with 2 sides to bottom of tier using a small dab of royal icing. Be sure to line the triangle up with the scored lines. Apply next triangle with 3 sides upside down and against the side of the previous triangle. Repeat until first row of triangles is complete.
Whether you buy your fondant or make it from scratch, it’s easy to add some shimmer with these genius methods. 1. Egg Whites. Painting the fondant with egg whites is a quick and easy way to add a shiny appearance. Simply brush on the egg whites with a food-safe paintbrush and let it dry. (Depending on the humidity, this can take 1 to 2 hours.)
We've handpicked 24 related questions for you, similar to «How to make fondant staircase?» so you can surely find the answer!How to make fondant hay?
To use this tool, press your index finger onto the side of the hay bale to hold the bale in place. Next, press the veining tool into the fondant, just at the edge of the bale, at a slight angle until the tool meets your finger. This tool is a little sharp, so be careful not to poke yourself ;). Be sure to do both sides and both ends.How to make fondant seashells?
- Dust your Katy Sue Designs Seashell Mold with cornstarch or icing sugar to prevent your fondant from sticking within the mold.
- Tap out any excess cornstarch or icing sugar out of the mold before filling it with fondant.
- Fill your mold with fondant. Be sure that the edges of your seashells are filled and defined by pushing the fondant up into the edges.
- Flip over your mold and push down onto the base. This helps to ensure that the fondant is pushed into all the little details of the seashells.
- Place your fondant filled mold into the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes…
- Once you’ve released the fondant out of your mold, this is what they’ll look like.
- To adhere the CK Disco Dust to your selected seashells, you’ll need to use a mixture of alcohol and piping gel…
- Brush on a very light coat of the alcohol + piping gel mixture on top of your selected seashells…
- Sprinkle the Disco Dust on top of the mold and tap any excess dust off. Set it aside to dry…
- To give your fondant seashell a beautiful sheen, use a pearl dust with a soft-bristle brush…
How to Make a Fondant Snake | Cake Fondant. Learn to make a fondant snake for a jungle theme cake from pastry chef Angela Cuervo, winner of Food Network's Sweet Genius, in this Howcast video. Our ...How to make own fondant?
The fondant sticks nicely to it. This recipe is adapted from here, where you can check out a great video on how to make rolled fondant. There are numerous tutorials about making different shapes from rolled fondant over the internet, so check them out if you’re interested. step 1: assemble all the ingredients.What colors make grey fondant?
It is a combination of the three primary colors (red, blue, and yellow). Since my gray fondant was a bit on the purple side, we can deduce that there was a bit too much blue and red since blue and red combined make purple. So to make my fondant a true gray, a little yellow is needed.What colors make lavender fondant?
Lavender fondant color is a secondary color made from a blue and red. It's is very popular for wedding cakes and a pastel color for baby shower cakes.Can you make characters with fondant?
I always make my characters with fondant… You'll notice that all of my characters are quite short and fat – this works best with fondant as it means that characters are less likely to collapse, it also removes the need for wires inside the figures (to give them a particular shape).Can you make decorations with fondant?
Fondant is great for making little figurines or cutting out decorations for cakes, cupcakes and cookies. For assembling figurines and fondant decorations, you can use water or buttercream frosting to adhere pieces together.Can you make figurines with fondant?
Making fondant figurines doesn't have to be complicated and it doesn't require a lot of skill. But when a fondant piece is added to a cake as decoration, it really brings the finished creation to life.Does black fondant make poop green?
Another "warning" of black fondant. Not to be gross, but it will cause one to have an oddly green poo.How can i make fondant stronger?
- The same goes for gumpaste... although the gumpaste may dry out completely a little faster. 1 - Mix your fondant with some gumtex powder or tylose powder. It will be much stronger
Watch how I failed miserable trying to create this seamless camouflage fondant. I realized too much cornstarch prevents the pieces from sticking together pro...How do i make gold fondant?
- One possible application for fondant is to shape small disks to make fondant gold coins. Attach the coins to the cake with royal icing used as glue. The waiting period isn't necessary for fondant. Mix gold luster dust with clear alcohol, such as vodka or rum, to the consistency of paint.
How to make silky smooth, stretchy, delicious and cost-effective marshmallow fondant. Made from my super-popular LMF fondant recipe. Black LMF Fondant Recipe...How do you make cake fondant?
It's easy, you need marshmallows, water, and flour. Melt 4 cups of marshmallows, and 2 tsp. of water in the microwave; then mix in 4 cups of flour and mix and mix until its to hard; then put it on the counter with flour and knead, keep on kneading until it's smooth! If you want to add color, put a little bit of food coloring in the middle and keep kneading until its all the same color.
Steps to Make It
In a large bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cream of tartar. Stir in the cream and egg white until fully combined. The texture of the fondant should be firm but workable. Dust your rolling pin with powdered sugar and roll the fondant out until it is about half an inch thick.
Roll out a small pea sized ball of green fondant. Roll the ball into an even sausage shape to the length of the butterfly's body and place in the centre of the butterfly. Press down gently to flatten it and attach it to the butterfly. Pull the wings of the butterfly up from the body to give it a 3D butterfly shape.How do you make fondant figures?
- 1. Roll a sausage shape for the legs and bend into U-shape. 2. Roll a cone (slightly flattened) for the body and two sausage shapes for the arms. 3. Stick the body and arms on top of legs. Insert a toothpick (or dry spaghetti) through body to hold head. 4. Roll a ball for the head, poke eyes using a toothpick.
Roll into long rolls, look like finger width. I used the length of my fingers as a guide of how big and thick to make. Cut the fondant rolls as long as you fingers. Use toothpick to make creases in your fingers, again use your hands as a guide.How do you make fondant flat?
Use your hands to flatten the fondant into a rough pancake shape. Do not make it too thin yet. If you are covering a square or rectangular cake, then flatten the fondant into a square or rectangular shape. Roll out the fondant until it is about 1/4 to 3/8 inch (0.64 to 0.95 centimeters) thick.How do you make fondant flowers?
This tutorial will show you an easy way how to create a pretty flower out of fondant. Using only simple (easily available) tools you can create stunning cake... Using only simple (easily available ...How do you make fondant glow?
- Egg Whites. Painting the fondant with egg whites is a quick and easy way to add a shiny appearance…
- Confectioner's Glaze. This method might be the easiest way to make your fondant gleam — all you need is a can of PME glaze spray…
See the picture up there… you just take a small ball of fondant, put it in a microwavable glass dish with a little water (less than a teaspoon) and microwave for 15-20 seconds. You'll get a perfect, sticky sweet glue!! If it's too thick, add a tiny bit more water, microwave for a few more seconds, stir and it's fixed!How do you make fondant leaves?
How To Make Realistic Fondant Sugarpaste Leaves Gumpaste Edible Foliage Tutorial #sugarleaves - YouTube. How To Make Realistic Fondant Sugarpaste Leaves Gumpaste Edible Foliage Tutorial # ...